You can cut out selected parts of a video with the sub-clip feature.
To do this, you select the source in the library and go to the "File info" menu.
- Select the first submenu “trimming”
- You can then just hit the space bar to play the file and then use “i” and “o” to create mark in and out. Use the “n” to create a new sub-clip.
- When you are finished creating the sub clips then select the clips you would like to use, and you can create a new filename for each of them. You can also combine them into one sub-clip.
- Select the format, default is HD H264 codec, if you need another format then please contact email@example.com
- Select if you like the sub-clip to go back into the inbox or the source clip folder.
- Action is not defaulted enable but can be used to push the sub clips directly into a Distribute workflow. Fx. the highlights from a football match you need to transfer to an Avid/FCP/Premiere Pro.
- Hit export and the clips will be generated.